Friday, May 30, 2008

Week 2/Thing 3

Okay... blog is up and functioning, and the avatar worked! Hooray and thanks for the great instructions.

I actually started a blog once before, but did not keep up with the posts. (Which is proof of my previous post about wanting things to be too perfect... I kept revising my entries rather than publishing them, and as a result nothing got uploaded! This time I'm just hitting the "publish post" button and won't look back!)

This was my first time creating an avatar. I never quite "got" that trend and have always preferred to use a real photo rather than a graphical representation of myself. I must admit it was kind of fun to create this oh-so-thin-and-attractive rendition of myself! I was disappointed that the "extras" didn't have more options - I would have liked to put both of our kiddos outside of the library with me, but ah well. I'll just pretend Sam is at preschool! :)

2 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Love the avatar :-) I have to admit that one of the avatar generators I like best is TekTek. You can create a little cartoon with punked out hair and clothes you would never wear.

One of mine has purple hair. I would never do it in real life.

AK Sunshine said...

Staci, I know exactly what you mean. I have gone over the course work, read the book, perused everyone's blog and still sit here afraid to hit the post button! I've always been that way. It looks like I haven't done a thing, but I have gotten more comfortable with just knowing for myself that I am moving along at the rate I need to and I will get the requirements met!
I was also a little frustrated with the avatar. It was fun, but I wanted something a little more realistic. I feel a little like an imposter!
: ) DeAnne