Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week 5/Thing 10: Image Generators

Why didn't someone warn me that this assignment would give me nightmares?!

This is from the computer science department at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. According to the site: "You can use the Perception Laboratory's Face Transformer to change the age, race or sex of a facial image, to transform it to the style of a famous artist, to make an exagerated caricature or even make an ape of yourself!"

(I was a little put off by the spelling errors, but it does seem to be a legitimate link on the university's main site. At any rate, here is the link: http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Transformer/ )

Here is my original picture and normal self:



Here is my transformation into a male:



(Yes, I am scared!!!!!!)

Here is my transformation into the subject of an Amedeo Modigliani painting:



I actually think this option (to morph yourself into the subject of a famous painter) is a really cool avatar option.

The site does allow you to become a real Manga cartoon if you wish to create a more traditional avatar, but I wasn't as impressed (or maybe I just wasn't flattered... ha!)


That's all I saved for now, as the other images were quite frankly too disturbing to share!

I also played around with the License Plate Creator on the Generator Blog (there are soooo many fun things on that blog!)


Overall, I would have to say that this was a

4 comments:

Ann said...

Wow Staci, what great pictures :-) Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this (I've never heard of wigflip- sounds like something else I'm going to have to check out) These are things that I think could easily be used by students. Wouldn't it be fun to have them use something like this to transform their picture into a character in a favorite book? Or to create a visual image for a character? Many options.

I have to agree the face transformer is kind of a scary idea..... Not sure I want to see myself as an ape.....

Ann

hiker said...

very cool on the faces. I think I'll sit my 11 year old down and have him try it. He loves to dress up and this would be a way to "dress up" your face. very wierd also.

Heather said...

The man one is freaky scary! I am going to start this lesson tonight so tomorrow you can look at mine!

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

Great job on this assignment. I really like the license plate one and the message. The message would be fun to change every so often.